In this 90-minute online event replay, Dr Libby shares everything you need to know about iron, including what it does in the body, why it is so important, signs your levels might be deficient or in excess, and steps to obtaining optimal levels.
Watch anytime on demand for 60 days.
From unrelenting fatigue and breathlessness, to headaches and heart palpitations, iron deficiency is the most common nutrient deficiency in the world.
Iron’s main role in the body is to help transport oxygen everywhere it needs to go, and iron deficiency anaemia is sometimes referred to as having ‘tired blood’—you feel so weary without enough.
Iron is also critical to hundreds of other processes, including thyroid function, neurotransmitter production and mood, hair growth and energy production—it’s even found in some of the enzymes that digest our food.
When our levels of iron aren’t optimal, we can suffer from a rolodex of different symptoms, and it can take a real effort to get these levels up if you’re not paying careful attention.
Common symptoms of iron deficiency include, tiredness, pale skin, shortness of breath, restless leg syndrome (often worse at night), dizziness, headaches, brittle nails and cravings for ice.
Come and learn:
- How we become iron deficient
- Ways to tell if you might be lacking in iron
- The four stages of iron deficiency
- The difference between iron deficiency and anaemia
- Iron deficiency in children, including how to spot this
- How iron deficiency impacts your thyroid function
- The crucial role the liver plays in iron storage
- How to make sense of your iron blood tests
- Why you might still have symptoms even though your blood test results are in the ‘normal’ range
- The genetic condition, haemochromatosis
- Food sources of iron (that also taste appealing!)
- What Dr Libby’s ‘gold standard’ is for iron levels
- Considerations for vegan and vegetarian ways of eating
- How to get the most out of your iron supplements
- Which nutrients support—and which inhibit—iron absorption
- 90 minutes of jaw-dropping insights all about iron from Dr Libby
- Access to rewatch the replay for 60 days
Watch anytime on demand for 60 days
What people have said about Dr Libby’s online events:
Dr Libby has featured in