In this 90-minute online event, Dr Libby shares everything you need to know about the period, including what the experience of a ‘normal’ period is, how to interpret your body’s cycle symptoms and unpacking why we’re suffering so much.
Watch anytime on demand for 60 days.
Many of us are taught that period problems are ‘normal’, but they’re not. Because they are common, we think that this is how it’s supposed to be, yet that is simply not the case.
If you suffer with any cycle symptoms such as cramps, heavy bleeding, pain, irregular cycles, headaches, migraines, nausea, sugar cravings, bloating, fluid retention, skin breakouts, aching legs, fatigue, poor sleep, irritability, more anxious feelings, or mood swings, these can all be signs your body is giving you that your hormones may be out of optimal balance or that another aspect of your cycle needs support.
When addressing challenges with our periods, it’s important to take the whole cycle into consideration as what we call the ‘period’ is such a small part—even though it often causes us the most grief! Unpacking why we’re suffering so much also involves looking at the communication between our brain, thyroid and ovaries, and the impact of other hormones, as it’s here that many things can go awry.
Suitable for women of all menstruation stages—from puberty to early perimenopause—plus, you’ll have the opportunity to ask Dr Libby your questions after the presentation.
Come and learn:
- What the experience of a ‘normal’ period is
- How to interpret your body’s cycle symptoms, including headaches, cramps, mood swings and cravings
- What your menstrual flow can tell you about your health
- Why ovulation is the main event of your cycle
- Understanding heavy periods and how to treat these
- The role of your brain and thyroid in the experience of your cycle
- Anovulatory or irregular cycles
- Other hormones that can interfere with your cycle
- Signs and symptoms of estrogen excess and low progesterone
- Hormonal acne—why this occurs and what to do about it
- Why we can experience anxious feelings and sleeplessness before a period
- Ways your body can let you know it’s beginning to transition into perimenopause
- The link between your period and your bowels
- Practical steps to help you experience a regular period that simply just show’s up, without uncomfortable symptoms
- 90 minutes of jaw-dropping insights on the cycle and period problems from Dr Libby
- Access to watch for 60 days
Watch anytime on demand for 60 days
What people have said about Dr Libby’s online events:
Dr Libby has featured in