How often do you catch yourself saying ‘yes’ when you …
Crunchy Buckwheat Muesli
This delicious crunchy muesli uses very little sweetener and is a nutrient-dense alternative to many packaged breakfast options on the shelves. The combination of seeds gives it a wonderful mineral boost. I ﬁnd many people love it served with people love it served with banana and blueberries, but you can use any fruit you like.
This recipe is taken from my book The Energy Guide.
- 1 cup (200 g) buckwheat (see Glossary)
- ½ cup (80g) raw almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- milk of your choice, to serve
- sliced banana and blueberries, to serve
- Place the buckwheat, almonds and seeds in a medium bowl, cover with cold water and leave to soak overnight. The next morning, rinse and drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Tip the soaked buckwheat mixture into a bowl, add the coconut oil, spices and syrup, if using, and mix well to coat.
- Spread the buckwheat mixture over the prepared tray. Bake for 50 minutes or until lightly golden and dry. Set aside to cool completely.
- Serve with your choice of milk, topped with sliced banana and blueberries.