How often do you catch yourself saying ‘yes’ when you …
This no-fuss chocolate mousse can easily be whipped up at the last minute. Containing just a few simple ingredients it’s the young coconut flesh that gives the mousse its creamy texture. The Real Food Kitchen is not just about what you get, it’s also about what you don’t get: artificial ingredients. There are not many people who feel nourished and energized after eating traditional chocolate mousse. Serving it with mixed berries gives it a pop of colour a well as antioxidant benefits.
Serving Size: 2
- Flesh of one young coconut
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- mixed berries to serve
- Place all the ingredients except the berries in a blender. Add enough water to enable the blade to work effectively and process until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into glasses, top with berries, and serve.