This frittata is good at any time of the day… as a breakfast, lunch or after school snack, served hot or cold. It will increase your vegetable consumption and provide protein from the eggs, as well as numerous vitamins and minerals from all the vegetables. Great to keep in the fridge ready to go!
Extra Green Frittata
- 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small stalk broccoli, stems trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 large spring onion (scallion), finely sliced
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 8 large organic eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (325 degrees F)
- Mix all the greens and vegetables -- except for the zucchini -- in a large bowl then transfer them to a baking dish and arrange them in a single layer.
- Beat the eggs with the almond milk and pour over the ingredients in the baking dish. You may need to press the vegetables down with your hands so that they are evenly soaked with the egg.
- Arrange the zucchini slices over the top of the frittata and drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Bake in the hot oven until firm, about 20 to 25 minutes.