This crepe is perfect for a light brunch or breakfast. It’s filled with greens and contains protein, folate and vitamin E. Enjoy the alkalizing effects of the spinach and peas while savoring the rich and filling flavors of this simple dish.
- For the crepes: 3 large eggs
- 1 big bunch spinach, cleaned
- 1/4 cup rice milk
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Avocado oil or coconut oil for sauteing
- For the salsa: 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon spring onion (scallion), chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- Pinch cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- For the crepes: Lightly steam or saute the spinach and drain.
- Add the peas to the same pan as the spinach and gently cook. Remove from the heat and season with the salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the eggs and rice milk. Heat the oil in a medium skillet and pour in the eggs.
- As the eggs begin to set, sprinkle them with the chopped parsley. Place the spinach and peas in the middle. When the bottom of the eggs is lightly browned, gently roll the egg over into a roll. Serve with salsa.
- For the salsa: Gently mix the chopped tomato and avocado.
- Season the mixture with ground cumin, and a little salt and pepper if desired.
- Fold in the spring onion and coriander blending gently but well.