How often do you catch yourself saying ‘yes’ when you …
Ginger Cashew Vegetable Fried Rice
This recipe is much a healthier alternative to typical Asian-style takeaway, often higher in white rice than vegetable content. The vegetables in this dish are packed with minerals and other nutrients. The seeds not only add crunch but they also contain magnesium and zinc, while ginger is great for digestion. Brown rice provides a good source of dietary fiber and additional minerals.
- Macadamia oil for stir-frying
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup broccoli flowerets
- 1 stalk celery, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 5 medium mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Heat a little macadamia oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the ginger and garlic until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli, celery, cabbage and mushrooms. Stir-fry a few minutes until to the skillet and let the vegetables steam until the water is evaporated.
- Add the tamari and cashews, then stir in the cooked brown rice. Mix well and serve with the fresh coriander sprinkled on top with the seeds.