Lemon and honey is a traditional healing combination used most often during the cold and flu season to help boost the immune system. This snack provides many immune-boosting nutrients such as vitamin C, potassium, and vitamin K which should be enjoyed all year round. Both honey and coconut oil have antibacterial properties, making this snack super-special for your immune system.
- ⅔ cup raw cashew nuts
- 3 dried figs, finely chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup desiccated coconut + extra to coat
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process until well combined and sticky (you may need to scrape down the mixture inside the processor).
- Roll into balls, coat in desiccated coconut and refrigerate to set.