An all time favorite this orange chocolate delight is packing a nutritional punch. It is not often cakes contain omega 3, zinc, magnesium and calcium. As with all our desserts due to their fat content it is best to have a small slice and savour the taste.
Orange Chocolate Tart
- Orange chocolate filling: 2 oranges rind and juice
- 100g of cacao butter melted
- 2 ½ cups of raw cashew nuts
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- ¾ cup of cacao powder
- Base: 1 cup of walnuts
- ½ cup of coconut
- ¼ cup of cacoa powder
- ¼ cup of cacoa nibs
- 5 fresh dates pitted
- 1 tablespoon of unhulled tahini
- ½ a tablespoon of filtered water
- Orange chocolate filling Method: In a small saucepan on a low heat melt cacoa butter and allow to cool. In high-powered blender add all ingredients until smooth.
- Base Method: Blend all ingredients until it forms a fine crumb. Press evenly into a small tart tin or alternatively a slice tin.
- Assembly: Spread orange chocolate mixture evenly over base mixture. Use a spatula to achieve desired texture. Place in freezer until chocolate filling is firm to touch.
- Other suggestions: This mixture can also be used to make an orange chocolate slice. Set the base in a slice tin and cover with orange chocolate mixture. Alternatively orange chocolate mixture can be used to form chocolate without the base mixture.