How often do you catch yourself saying ‘yes’ when you …
This refreshing Tropical Cheesecake will leave you gloriously nourished. The fruit in this cheesecake is packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals all necessary to support a healthy immune system. Children love this cheesecake, so it is also a great way to provide them with a wide variety of nutrients and dietary fibre all at once.
- Base: 1 tablespoon pysllium husk
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dried dates, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Filling: 1 ½ cups raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight and rinsed well
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 2 limes
- ½ a large pineapple, core and skin removed and diced
- pulp of 2 passion fruit
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons turmeric powder
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- To make the base, combine all base ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined and sticky.
- Line a slice tin with greaseproof paper and press the base mixture down firmly in the tin. Allow to set in the fridge or freezer.
- To make the filling, combine all ingredients (except cacao butter) in a high speed blender and pulse until smooth and combined. Add the cacao butter by drizzling it in while the blender is still running on a low speed (this will take about 5 seconds - do not over blend).
- Pour filling onto the base and return to the fridge or freezer until set.